Vecchia Romagna Classica derives from the selection of the best grapes, from continuous distillation and aging in fine oak barrels. This combination makes it possible to obtain a brandy with a fresh and delicate flavor.
COLOR: It has an elegant soft amber color of great transparency. SMELL: The nose is sweet, with aromas ranging from vanilla to crunchy with a licorice base. TASTE: Decisive on the palate, with a delicate pungency, well balanced in the emotions and with a return of cooked plum that blends into a dry and citrusy finish of orange peel.
alcohol: 38 °
Since the begin of the ‘700, in France, the Bouton family is dedicated to the noble art of distillation, enriching a precious notebook with formulas and secrets destined to be handed down from generation to generation: the Bouton cookbook. The success of their spirits is such that they earn the title of suppliers of the imperial house of Napoleon I. With the fall of the regime, the most talented of the heirs, Jean Bouton, decides to undertake a long trip to Italy bringing with him the famous family recipe book.
Always attracted by inspiration, creativity and traditional Italian wine art, Jean immediately realizes that he has arrived in the "land of great wines" he was looking for. He decides to stop in Emilia Romagna, where he finds the ideal grapes, the right climate and an environment full of culture and inspiration to refine his distilling art. In 1820, with the help of a local entrepreneur, Jean creates an experimental liqueur factory in Bologna.
The success of the experimental liqueur factory leads to the 1830 to the creation of the first Italian steam distillery: the "Distilleria G. Buton & C." from which Cognac Buton is born, Italian excellence, destined to spread all over the world.
More than a hundred years later, in 1939, the company chooses to enhance the Italian personality of the product and renames it to Vecchia Romagna Buton Brandy.
This period is marked by two intuitions that prove to be successful: the introduction of the image of Bacchus and the creation of the unmistakable triangular bottle.
In 1943 the bombings of the Second World War destroy the distillery. Only the old ones underground cellars resist attacks, guarding jealously barrels and the barrique with their precious content. An authentic treasure that at the end of the conflict will allow the company to restart and rebuild its commercial success.
In 1970, on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the foundation, a new avant-garde production plant was inaugurated: The "City of Brandy" 180,000 square meters dedicated to the production and aging of fine wine spirits.
In 1999 the company is acquired by Montenegro Group which, through the commercial success and the renovation of the historic production plant, has given new life to the business, making it a flagship of the Italian liquor industry.